The Crown Cabs application/website operates as a transport booking service between authorised members of the Crown Cabs application and passengers only.
What do we collect?
- We collect information from you which will enable us to provide a transport service. The information that we collect may include the following;
- Your name, contact number, pick-up address, credit card details if required, email address and any other information needed to provide transport services.
- The pick-up location can be determined by using the GPS service on your device if it is turned on. This is used to allow you to book a transport provider and also recorded with the booking details to allow us to monitor usage of the app.
- The pick-up address you enter in the booking is recorded with the other booking details and sent to the driver.
- The contact number you supply is also recorded with the booking and may be sent to the driver or other vehicle which is despatched to you for the provisions of transport or other services so as to ensure that the transport driver collects the correct passenger or collects and/or delivers consigned goods in accordance with your requirements.
- Your contact number is used as a unique ID which is recorded with the booking. It is not normally used but may be used to block your device if it is suspected that false bookings are being made.
- Your email address is collected to send receipts and other information/informing new products, reward programs, loyalty programs and royalty program incentives and other like programs, when available.
- Your information helps us to improve the application/website and deliver a better and more personalised service to develop new products and services, attend to your enquiries, seek feedback and tell you about other products or services offered through the Crown Cabs application/website.
- Your credit card details when required are recorded and aligned to your account in order to pay for the transport fare without having to re-enter the same details on repeated trips. All details recorded will be stored in your account for the purpose of record keeping.
- We also retain the information which is searchable in our database so that if you subsequently contact us for a subsequent service, we are able to provide that service to you speedily without the need for you to have to provide the information again.
- When you contact us, for example by email or phone, Crown Cabs may keep a record of that correspondence to respond to your enquiries and improve services by using your email address to contact you about its services.
- We may also seek personal information for legal reasons such as compliance with legislation.
- The purpose of the Crown Cabs application/website is to provide a platform for the hailing and booking of a transport provider. We commit to providing you with prompt, efficient transport services. The personal information obtained from you will ensure us that we continually improve the Crown Cabs application/website services and update it on a regular basis.
- The collection and retention of personal information also assists us to resolve any complaint or concern that you might have with any transport service which is provided by the application/driver. Where you have a complaint or concern regarding a service provided by a member of the fleet, we may collect personal particulars from you as necessary to enable us to fully investigate the complaint and attempt to resolve any breach that may have occurred in relation to the service.
- If you are not satisfied with the outcome of the investigation you can lodge a complaint directly by contacting the CPVV Commercial Passenger Vehicles Victoria on 1800 638 802.
- You are entitled to ask, either at the time of collection or subsequently, what information about you is being collected, why it is being collected and how it will be used.
Using Crown Cabs
You may utilise the Crown Cabs application only if you can legally form a binding contract with Crown Cabs and only in compliance with these Terms and all applicable laws. When you create your Crown Cabs account, you must provide us with accurate and complete information. Any use or access by anyone under the age of 18 is not allowed. Using Crown Cabs may include downloading software to your computer, phone, tablet or other device. You agree that we may automatically update that software, and these Terms will apply to any updates.
- We will advise you of the discontinuation of any service or special coupon, royalty program, or any other loyalty scheme, or program, unless otherwise specified.
- We will advise you of any new services that are to be released or any changes to existing services on or at the time of update.
- We will time to time carry out business marketing surveys so as to enable us to gauge your level of satisfaction with our existing services and to see what we can do to improve the service.
- We will inform you if we are obliged to, or are authorised to, release information under any Federal/State/Territory law.
Use of Information:
- We ensure that content on the application/website is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your device.
- We will provide you with information, products or services that you request from the Crown Cabs application/website or which may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of the application/website service, if you choose to do so, we will contact you for your views on the app/website services and to notify you about changes or developments to the application/website service.
- The GPS on the device if turned on will identify the location of passengers and drivers.
- The Crown Cabs application/website may also use your data, or permit selected third parties to use your data, to provide you with information about goods and services which may be of interest to you through the Crown Cabs application/website or may contact you about these by email, post or phone.
- Where the Crown Cabs application/website has given you the ability to choose a username, login or password which enables you to access the application/website, you are responsible for keeping this information confidential. You must not share your username, login or password with anyone.
- Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet or by mobile telephone applications is not completely secure.
- Although Crown Cabs will do its best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to the site or the app thus any transmission is at your own risk. Do not allow any other person to use your device to make a booking.
- When the Crown Cabs application/website has received your information, it will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
- The Crown Cabs application/website will collect personal data of drivers who operate vehicles with the Crown Cabs application/website. That information collected will include full names (Preferred names when feature is available), addresses, banking details, contact particulars and any other information as requested by Crown Cabs. Drivers will be allocated member identification numbers as well as electronic details for the use of our system, when its available.
- All Providers/Operators and drivers are accredited, we retain records of driver’s accreditation as provided by the Department of Transport or relevant governing body. Details collected for registration as a driver as well as a percentage of surcharge fees procured are to enable us to provide the best possible services for you as well as maintenance and development of the application/website.
- Information in relation to operators/drivers and others involved in the transport industry may be passed by us to the CPVV Commercial Passenger Vehicles Victoria and/or relevant authority where we are required or authorised to do so under any relevant law. To check accredited drivers and their vehicles go to: https://cpv.vic.gov.au